Edulix
Information on European Universities [CS] - Printable Version

+- Edulix (http://www.edulix.com/forum)
+-- Forum: II. Profile Evaluation Phase (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: U.K., Europe , Asia & Australia Admissions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Information on European Universities [CS] (/showthread.php?tid=107544)

Pages: 1 2 3

Information on European Universities [CS] - darklift - 01-12-2012 05:36 PM

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
I'm done applying to 7 universities in the USA. However, thanks to my 4 backlogs and the chance of my VISA getting declined, I've decided to apply to 3 universities in Europe.

The problem is that, I can find very little information on good universities in Europe. All I can get is this website, http://www.mastersportal.eu/ and I'm not sure whether to apply solely based on the information given on that one website.

I'm here because I'm wondering if there are other people like me. Maybe we could help each other out?

My Profile for those interested.
GRE - Q - 740, V - 440 - Attempt 2
Q - 610, V - 560 - Attempt 1

TOEFL - 96

Nothing worth mentioning in extracurricular and little job experience in a field that is not even related. I'm planning for MS in CS.

But, I am a webmaster, I play with web servers, build android apps and have some websites.

Oh, and BTW I'm only interested in the Northern EU universities[Norway, Sweden and Finland]. Switzerland is okay too, I guess.

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - vraider - 01-12-2012 05:54 PM

@[darklift], that one site and google would be enough. Try to find what interests you there.

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - krazzycool - 01-13-2012 11:13 AM

Darklift,

http://www.4icu.org/Europe/

The above website gives you the list of European universities based on the country. H

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - darklift - 01-16-2012 04:51 PM

Thanks guys. Just wondering. Are the deadlines over for European Universities?

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - Rocker.pg - 01-16-2012 05:01 PM

(01-16-2012 04:51 PM)darklift Wrote:  Thanks guys. Just wondering. Are the deadlines over for European Universities?

Unfortunately mate, For Sweden its getting over today !!!! 16th Jan 2012. You can still make it if you select your intended programs today and fill in the 4 (max) programs. Then you can send in your documents and application fee before 2nd Feb 2012. Here's the link.

Good Luck.
@[darklift] Tagging you to quickly draw your attention

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - darklift - 01-16-2012 08:13 PM

Thanks man. I guess Sweden is out of question now. I usually mess up something when I do something in a hurry, so I'll just skip Sweden.

What do you think of Norway, Finland? I did a search and universities in Europe have a much earlier deadline than those in US. I thought it'd be the other way around. Do you know any good universities for CS related programs in Norway, Sweden, Germany?

I know of 4icu.org and masters portal, but I find it very hard to apply just because these websites say that a particular university is good. Thinking of hitting up a consultancy to help in EU admission. Applying to US university is much easier as information is plenty, but EU is hard.

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - billa - 01-16-2012 08:29 PM

(01-16-2012 08:13 PM)darklift Wrote:  Thanks man. I guess Sweden is out of question now. I usually mess up something when I do something in a hurry, so I'll just skip Sweden.

It will take less than 5 minutes for you to fill online application, and there are still 6-7 hours left.

darklift Wrote:Thinking of hitting up a consultancy to help in EU admission.
In my opinion, that would be totally waste of your money. The European universities (Except UK) strongly advice to apply personally, if they find out that a 3rd person was involved in your application process, they'd simply reject the application.

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - darklift - 01-16-2012 08:41 PM

The thing is, I don't know where to start. Thanks to Rocker.pg, I got the website to submit the application. But, I have no idea what university is good and whether they have a program that interests me.

You can help? Just give me a couple(Not too good) of swedish universities that have CS related(Programming preferred).

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - billa - 01-16-2012 08:59 PM

@[darklift]

Go here: https://www.antagning.se/intl/start

1. On the right top, you can see "Log in (or create an account)"
2. Create account there and sign in.
3. You will see big green search bar. Type there "Computer Science" and below search bar, click "More search options", select following:

"Course/programme" -> Programmes
"Level" -> Master's level

Hit Search button, you will get the list of degrees. Look for programs offered by Linköping University, Chalmers University of Technology, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm University.

4. Select maximum of 4 programs, and add them to your application cart, and Submit the application.

Thats all for today, after that you can ask @[Rocker.pg] about sending the documents etc.
Hope it helps.

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - darklift - 01-16-2012 09:06 PM

Thanks man. I'm applying as I write this.
Really sorry for the bump. But, I need to know if my selection is okay

1. LIU-91105 - Computer Science, Master's programme 120cr Day-time,
Normal teaching, 100%, Study programme,
Linköping University, Linköping

2. BTH-99301 - Master of Science Program in Computer Science 120cr Day-time,
Blekinge Institute of Technology, Karlskrona

3. SU-43851 - Master Programme in Computer and Systems Sciences 120cr Day-time,
Stockholm University, Stockholm

4. CTH-24009 - SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, MSC PROGR 120cr Day-time,
Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg

Any changes have to be made before midnight.

@[billa]
@[Rocker.pg]

Thanks again

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - billa - 01-16-2012 09:26 PM

@[darklift]
See, that was quick. You still have some time left, have a quick look at the course contents of these programs and see which matches your interests.

Among the universities you have selected, I'd put CTH at #1, SU #2, LIU#3 and BTH #4. Remember the order is important, so the program you like most should be on top. Remember to re-submit the application after the changes.

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - darklift - 01-16-2012 10:43 PM

Well, I'm trying to build up safes for my profile. So, I guess I'll give priority for the 3rd and 4th one.

Anyways, thanks a lot man. Sweden is an option for me thanks to you and Rocker.pg.

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - Rocker.pg - 01-17-2012 09:22 AM

Just came back online..

@[darklift] I am glad u made it... The last damned post I made got merged up and I guess you didn't receive the pm.... But all's well that ends well.. Smile

@[billa] Awesome dude..... U really fed him with baby spoons... That was the need of the hour Laughing

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - billa - 01-17-2012 06:23 PM

@[Rocker.pg] Yeah, it was late evening and I was was trying to make him complete his application, glad he managed to do so.

RE: Information on European Universities [CS] - darklift - 01-18-2012 12:35 PM

Hi Guys, just paid the application fees. Planning to send the documents tomorrow.

I need to confirm something. All I need to do is send one packet containing the following, right?
1. UG Transcript
2. TOEFL Marks
3. GRE Copy[?] Not asked. Should I send?
4. Signed Copy of their Cover Sheet
5. 10th and 12th Mark sheets
6. Letter of Intent [Same as statement of purpose?]
7. Letter of Recommendation [?]
8. Copy of Passport
9. Copy of UG Provisional Certificate

In the above, which ones do I need to get attested? And am I missing anything else?

@[billa]
@[Rocker.pg]

Thanks