Edulix
PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - Printable Version

+- Edulix (http://www.edulix.com/forum)
+-- Forum: II. Profile Evaluation Phase (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: U.K., Europe , Asia & Australia Admissions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH (/showthread.php?tid=65592)

Pages: 1 2 3

PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - venkat_vs2k2 - 01-18-2009 05:42 PM

hi snrs,,,
PLZ evaluate my profile
Acads 79%
Toefl 108
GRE 1040 Q720 V320 AWA 4
2 Projects
1 National Level Paper
2 LORs from profs/proj supervisors
applyin for MS CS Fall 09.
Area of interest Networking

UNIVS I am applying are

1) TU Delft (Netherlands)
2) ETH Zurich (Switzerland)
3) Uppsala (Sweden)
4) Chalmers (Sweden)
5) KTH (Sweden)

Please advise which univs are safe mod and ambi...

Thanks Smile

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - karaspidey - 01-18-2009 05:48 PM

are u applying or applied? deadline for univs in sweden - was jan 15th - right?

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - venkat_vs2k2 - 01-18-2009 05:55 PM

except for ETH zurich i ve applied to all other univs.... i just need to know my chances of gettin in.... if u cud help me!!!

thanks Smile
hey snrs,,

plz help me... i need to kno if can apply to ETH Zurich... i wud apply if i have a chance of gettin in.. if its too ambitious for me .. i wud drop it... kindly help me at the earliest..

thanks Smile

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - lina927 - 01-19-2009 10:33 AM

Hai,
ETH has a pre-application, which cost u only $30. You just need to fill up this application. No need to report scores,recos,transcripts etc.
They will go through your pre-application and if they like your profile, thy'l ask u to fill the actuall application (only remaiain fee to be paid), score's, recos, transcripts etc.

Also you could apply completely in a single shot itself, but since you are confused, may be you could fill pre-application first.

Regards
Anil

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - manik_nsit - 01-19-2009 11:51 AM

(01-19-2009 10:33 AM)lina927 Wrote:  Hai,
ETH has a pre-application, which cost u only $30. You just need to fill up this application. No need to report scores,recos,transcripts etc.
They will go through your pre-application and if they like your profile, thy'l ask u to fill the actuall application (only remaiain fee to be paid), score's, recos, transcripts etc.

Also you could apply completely in a single shot itself, but since you are confused, may be you could fill pre-application first.

Regards
Anil

Hiia Anil,

The pre-application period of ETH was from 15th oct-15th nov only....Now the main application period has started, and pre-apping is not possible now.

Anyways....any comments on chances of ETH for MS EE for my profile:

UG Acads: 70 % (Topper 83 %)
UG College: Branch ECE, NSIT, Delhi University
12th : 93.60 % CBSE, School Topper
GRE: 1380 (800 quant, 580 verbal, 3.5 AWA)
TOEFL: 106

--2 accepted publications in Electronic Design and EDN(Reed Elsevier), both USA.
--Around 7-8 projects in Embedded systems and microcontrollers (some coupled with Speech processing and Image processing).
--Prizes in IITs etc
--Final year Project under HOD in analog design.
--Reco for ETH from prof in ECE department who is also assistant HOD

Also ETH is asking for copy of matriculation certificate,,,Excuse me for this slightly dumb question but i m kinda confused...Matriculation refers to 10th or 12th???

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - karthik8711 - 01-19-2009 01:11 PM

All the universities are ambi to v ambi..I dont think any of the univs on ur list can be termed as safe or mod..ETH requires a stellar profile with a decent research background and some publications preferably..

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - The Madmax - 01-19-2009 01:18 PM

ETH is ambitious. Its one of the best universities in Europe
Moving to Europe Forum

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - lina927 - 01-19-2009 02:26 PM

Since you have "2 accepted publications in Electronic Design and EDN(Reed Elsevier), both USA.", give a shot man.

I can't comment on your chances, but could share my experience. I had put a pre-application last year, but got reject. I didn't have the International Conf. paper and National Instruments paper last year. Everything else was same as shown in my infobank profile,

http://www.edulix.com/infobank/show_profile.php?uid=5921

Matriculation refers to 10th or 12th??? - I don't know

ETH & TU Delft are VERY GOOD Universities all over the world.

Regards
Anil K M

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - manik_nsit - 01-19-2009 07:28 PM

(01-19-2009 01:11 PM)karthik8711 Wrote:  All the universities are ambi to v ambi..I dont think any of the univs on ur list can be termed as safe or mod..ETH requires a stellar profile with a decent research background and some publications preferably..

Hey Karthik,

Your evaluation of universities list was for me or was it for venkat_vs2k2???

Regards,
Manik

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - karthik8711 - 01-20-2009 10:37 AM

Yes manik..It was for venkat_vs2k2..

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - manik_nsit - 01-20-2009 11:08 AM

(01-20-2009 10:37 AM)karthik8711 Wrote:  Yes manik..It was for venkat_vs2k2..

Oks....Thanks for clearing the doubt....Anyways, whats your take on my profile for ETH....Though its decided that I wl be applying there, I hv already reported my GRE and TOEFL scores there, but still would be glad if you can pls provide your insight:

I am applying for MS in Electrical, and all materials wld be there by this month itself.

UG Acads: 70 % (Topper 83 %)
UG College: Branch ECE, college Netaji Subhas Institute of technolgy(NSIT), Delhi University
12th : 93.60 % CBSE, School Topper (DPS Rohini)
GRE: 1380 (800 quant, 580 verbal, 3.5 AWA)
TOEFL: 106

--2 accepted publications in Electronic Design and EDN(Reed Elsevier), both USA.
--Around 7-8 projects in Embedded systems and microcontrollers (some coupled with Speech processing and Image processing).
--Prizes in IITs etc
--Final year Project under HOD in analog design.
--Reco for ETH from prof in ECE department who is also assistant HOD

Also ETH is asking for copy of matriculation certificate,,,Excuse me for this slightly dumb question but i m kinda confused...Matriculation refers to 10th or 12th??? I do have 12th marksheet attested by school princi alongwith a letter stating i was science topper, but no such thing for 10th.

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - karthik8711 - 01-21-2009 02:17 AM

Matriculation refers to 10th I guess..
Im not from a ECE background, so cannot really evaluate ur profile..And infact it is tough to evaluate profile for european universities, especially the top universities..They do not follow a particular trend like most american universities..Ive seen poor profiles getting in to the likes of KTH etc..
But I must say, ur profile is pretty good..Publications will help a lot..Ur acads might be the only area of concern keeping in mind that u r applying to one of the best universities in Europe..Any ways I think ur profile is pretty good and u have good chances of getting through..All the very best

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - ysrini - 01-21-2009 10:34 AM

@manik_nsit
I suppose that your GRE and TOEFL marks are not going to have a big impact. But your publication and projects will definitely boost ur chances of admit.
Best of luck for ur appplication. Cool

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - manik_nsit - 01-21-2009 10:51 AM

Thanks a lot Karthik and Srini for your views and evaluations.

Yeah I know ETH is ambitious considering it ranks among the best in world...I am still taking my shot, cos I know one thing, if luck is by my side and I get through, then I wouldnt be thinking at all about my mods and safes, even if they carry some schol....ETH wl be worth it....Lets see.

RE: PLZ EVALUATE PROFILE FOR ETH ZURICH - vlsi_don - 01-21-2009 07:08 PM

@manik :

Is ETH really that good? I mean, I used Edulix while searching for European universities..Not much discussion about ETH, though many claimed EPFL being a very good university.

Have already applied to Sweden and TU Delft for Microelectronics.

Was thinking about applying to either EPFL or ETH
But EPFL deadline is over. There is another deadline. They seem to follow some different system. Can you please let me know if I can still apply there. Any disadv of applying in this second round?
Also, I have already spent a lot on applying to univ. Can apply to atmost 1 now.
So, should it be EPFL or ETH ?
I am interested in Digital VLSI, Reconfigurable computing and DSP using VLSI.

Thanks a lot !!