Unisearch: Link
Profile Evaluation for admits in south-west European countries
Hi I'm Gowtham final year mechanical Engineering student,
Applying following universities for course of Sustainable/Renewable Energy
1.UPC, Barcelona Spain
2. Politechni di Milan, Italy
3. KU Lueven, Belgium
4.FH Aachen, Germany
One of my consideration is Scholarship and Job possibilities in above universities.
As i have heard recession scenario in Italy hit badly, But Milan was really good university offering about 50 scholarship (source last years outcome), I don't know about other two universities. I have already applied to TU/e and KTH sweden. Other than that these three are my preference. I has eager to join spain, since my area of interest fall directly on that (i.e) solar thermal. Please evaluate my profile in the signature tell me about the possibilities seniors and other Fall 2012 aspirants.
kvbharadwaj2006
billa
anjanakarthik
Soching

http://edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=128554

M.Sc Sustainable Energy Engineering at KTH , Sweden and EPFL, Switzerland
Tag me for profile evaluation
01-08-2012 11:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
vraider Away
All Rounder of the Year

vraider Away
All Rounder of the Year

Likes Given: 35
RE: Profile Evaluation for admits in south-west European countries
Politecnico di milano, is a very good university with nice funding, but the job scenario is very very bad. So you need to make the call. Just thought I could add some insight.

^My two cents .
Tis' been a while.

I dont do profile evals.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 12:56 PM by vraider.)
01-09-2012 11:35 AM
billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

Likes Given: 0
+1 to vraider.
UPC gives easy admits, entire online process. But as you are interested in Sustainable/Renewable Energy, you should probably focus more on Scandinavia.

I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.
01-09-2012 12:35 PM
JT_daniel Offline
Poster of the Year - Europe/UK

JT_daniel Offline

Likes Given: 137
(01-08-2012 11:01 PM)gowthamtce Wrote:  Hi I'm Gowtham final year mechanical Engineering student,
Applying following universities for course of Sustainable/Renewable Energy
1.UPC, Barcelona Spain
2. Politechni di Milan, Italy
3. KU Lueven, Belgium
4.FH Aachen, Germany
One of my consideration is Scholarship and Job possibilities in above universities.
As i have heard recession scenario in Italy hit badly, But Milan was really good university offering about 50 scholarship (source last years outcome), I don't know about other two universities. I have already applied to TU/e and KTH sweden. Other than that these three are my preference. I has eager to join spain, since my area of interest fall directly on that (i.e) solar thermal. Please evaluate my profile in the signature tell me about the possibilities seniors and other Fall 2012 aspirants.
@[kvbharadwaj2006]
@[billa]
@[anjanakarthik]
@[Soching]

http://edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=128554

Ah, Interested in CSP? Spain is your best destination for that. The next best destination would be Germany. Take a look at these-

http://www.solarturm-juelich.de/
http://vicerp.org/index_eng.html

We've got a subgroup called the Solar Institute at our campus and they have a research CSP (vICERP) [It's incredible, it's HUGE!!] built in Juelich, where they carry out research in a HUGE array of Solar related fields, not just CSP. They have close ties with the industry as well as other Universities, so hot shot experts and professors working in the laboratories here isn't anything strange. You'll get into FH Aachen easily, given your really strong profile. Keep it as an option, you won't regret coming here. Prof Faber would love to have a student like you who's so interested in CSP.

I'm also interested in the topic, but I'm undecided as to what to pursue. I feel CSP has a tremendous future, especially in India. But I'm kinda undecided still.

Oh and Milan is a awesome university, you just won't get any job afterwards. Unfortunately, the situation is similar in Spain. But education is top notch, absolutely top notch.

FH Aachen (Energy Systems- Renewable Energy)

Available for Mechanical Profile Evaluations for Germany. Please tag me and wait!

Currently swamped with work and Uni, so won't be able to respond immediately. A thousand apologies to all those waiting for Profile Evals or who want questions to be answered. And please do NOT email me. Thank you!
01-09-2012 02:43 PM
gowthamtce Offline
Profile Evaluator of the Year-2012

gowthamtce Offline

Likes Given: 1
JT_daniel You said education is good in spain and Italy, but jobs are the biggest prob. let me getting a degree in FH will have less scopes of research and no Scholarship offers as well Sad. But upto my knowledge Spain has biggest solar energy scopes and Germany has 2nd best in the europe. Im undecided as MILAN offers some awesome scholarships Smile. Some univ needs German requirement B1 i dont have any Sad .

billa Scandinavia in the sense, which universities you're suggesting, i'm in need of a scholarship badly, or else i need work for 2 yrs thats the scenario. Pls provide more info about UPC. I have also applied KTH but living expenses are higher in KTH and if dont get a scholarship there then i might drop that.

vraider Job scenario is bad in Italy, but Milan is Number 1 in Italy and ranked around 50 in QS world rankings. for example, Getting a job in IIT is not big task even recession hits in India. i feel it may be same scenario in Italy as well. Getting a degree in No1 univ in the country will sure will nt affect changes i guess. if im wrong correct me bro. I'm confused to coreSadSadSad

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 07:16 PM by gowthamtce.)
01-09-2012 07:15 PM
JT_daniel Offline

JT_daniel Offline

(01-09-2012 07:15 PM)gowthamtce Wrote:  @[JT_daniel] You said education is good in spain and Italy, but jobs are the biggest prob. let me getting a degree in FH will have less scopes of research and no Scholarship offers as well Sad. But upto my knowledge Spain has biggest solar energy scopes and Germany has 2nd best in the europe. Im undecided as MILAN offers some awesome scholarships Smile. Some univ needs German requirement B1 i dont have any Sad .

Well, you don't have any tuition fee at the FH, so you will just have to pay for your living expenses. So the necessity of a scholarship is rather reduced. As for Research, the curriculum might not have much scope, but if you are genuinely interested you can always work with the Profs and Scientists here and be involved in their research. Yeah absolutely, "scope" wise, Spain are ahead. But you won't be disappointed here, especially with the huge German interest in Desertec..

Available for Mechanical Profile Evaluations for Germany. Please tag me and wait!

Currently swamped with work and Uni, so won't be able to respond immediately. A thousand apologies to all those waiting for Profile Evals or who want questions to be answered. And please do NOT email me. Thank you!
01-09-2012 08:13 PM
vraider Away
All Rounder of the Year

vraider Away
All Rounder of the Year

I dont have any more details in this regard. Sorry.

^My two cents .
Tis' been a while.

I dont do profile evals.
01-09-2012 08:13 PM
gowthamtce Offline

gowthamtce Offline

JT_daniel How much will be living expenses in Germany, I cant take loan beyond certain limit. Whether we will get some Paid Internship and Thesis in FH Aachen. So is it possible to manage 6 months out of it. Can provide me the link of that prof whom you suggested for CSP. They wont accept attested certificate by Registrar of college or what?

01-09-2012 08:33 PM
billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

Likes Given: 0
(01-09-2012 07:15 PM)gowthamtce Wrote:  @[billa] Scandinavia in the sense, which universities you're suggesting, i'm in need of a scholarship badly, or else i need work for 2 yrs thats the scenario.

I think Sweden might not be good choice if you have financial issues. KTH and Chalmers could be good choice but it would be hard to get 100% scholarship, and living expenses are already high there.

gowthamtce Wrote:vraider Job scenario is bad in Italy,
Yes. for two reasons, Italy's economy is pretty much screwed up at the moment. Other important factor is language. In countries like France or Italy, you can do almost nothing without the language.

gowthamtce Wrote:but Milan is Number 1 in Italy and ranked around 50 in QS world rankings.
These numbers look good on the news websites only. In reality there's nothing really #1 or #10, you'll get job if you have got something they are looking for.

gowthamtce Wrote:Getting a job in IIT is not big task even recession hits in India. i feel it may be same scenario in Italy as well.
No its not.

gowthamtce Wrote:I'm confused to core
Don't be confused. If money is an issue (eg. you can't afford living expenses in Germany), and you get scholarship from Italy, go for it. You can enjoy 2 years, have no stress. After 2 masters you can get PhD in Italy or move to any other EU country. You got nothing to lose.

If you don't get scholarship in Italy, Germany should be the best choice.

I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.
01-09-2012 09:36 PM
vraider Away
All Rounder of the Year

vraider Away
All Rounder of the Year

Cant get an answer better than that^. Smile

^My two cents .
Tis' been a while.

I dont do profile evals.
01-09-2012 09:42 PM
JT_daniel Offline

JT_daniel Offline

(01-09-2012 08:33 PM)gowthamtce Wrote:  @[JT_daniel] How much will be living expenses in Germany, I cant take loan beyond certain limit. Whether we will get some Paid Internship and Thesis in FH Aachen. So is it possible to manage 6 months out of it. Can provide me the link of that prof whom you suggested for CSP. They wont accept attested certificate by Registrar of college or what?

Factor around 500 Euro a month for 2 years mate. That's probably the bare minimum you should count. Paid interns or Thesis is normally through companies here mate, you can always look for a HiWi at the university though. I don't have any idea about the HiWi's here because I'm not really looking for one right now. But if you do get a Internship or a Master's thesis position in a company, they'll pay you a minimum amount usually. And I don't know exactly which profs are working on CSP but check out the SCJ webpage.

And what attested certificate?!

01-09-2012 09:50 PM
gowthamtce Offline

gowthamtce Offline

gowthamtce Wrote:I'm confused to core
Don't be confused. If money is an issue (eg. you can't afford living expenses in Germany), and you get scholarship from Italy, go for it. You can enjoy 2 years, have no stress. After 2 masters you can get PhD in Italy or move to any other EU country. You got nothing to lose.

If you don't get scholarship in Italy, Germany should be the best choice.
Thanks wise advise Billa, I hope i will PHd if i dont get a job, Is it possible to do PHd in top universities like ETH, Imperial, TU Munich, Delft after completing masters in Spain or Italy. because i want to study in TUM its my dream but i don't have german proficiency now.

[/quote]

01-10-2012 11:54 PM
gowthamtce Offline

gowthamtce Offline

Hi Seniors,
I am planning to apply EPFL Energy management and Sustainability. Pls evaluate my full profile seniors. pls rate keep in mind that I'm a NON IIT or NITian Sad
http://www.edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=128554

pretolevant
billa
karthik8711
lina927

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012 08:44 PM by gowthamtce.)
01-17-2012 08:17 PM
gowthamtce Offline

gowthamtce Offline

hello
vraider
kvbharadwaj2006
vikashmehta
vamshi990

tagging for above post pls evaluate seniors Sad

01-18-2012 08:18 PM
vraider Away
All Rounder of the Year

vraider Away
All Rounder of the Year

I'm sorry I have no idea about your intended specialization.

^My two cents .
Tis' been a while.

I dont do profile evals.
01-18-2012 09:44 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread