• 3 Votes - 4 Average
Finland Residence Permit Application : Fall'12
Morphine Away

Morphine Away

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: Finland Residence Permit Application : Fall'12
Rocker.pg
Yes I have few pointers where you can get your health certificate. This is confirmed through the official admit mail I received from University of Turku. They have explained the whole health insurance formalities along with the premium amount and all other stuff. They had provided the link where we can get our health insurance online. I will post the details once I get back home. I am in my office right now and I can't access my gmail account.

How to update Infobank and Prof Eval thread

Super busy these days. Replying to threads might take some time.

P.S -> Currently busy with my start-up. If you tag me in your thread please send me a reminder on ujjwal.mairh@gmail.com. Please don't send me the profile evaluation query on my email. That is just for notifying me in case you need a quick response. Also, include your thread link when you send me an email.

"Gravity is not responsible for people falling in love -Albert Einstein"
05-14-2012 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bastian Offline
Edulix Active Member

bastian Offline
Edulix Active Member

(05-14-2012 06:39 PM)Rocker.pg Wrote:  @[Morphine] @[bastian] @[thewho]

What about the health insurance? Have you selected a service provider?

Quote:During your stay in Finland you must be covered by a private health insurance.

If your studies in Finland last two years or longer, your health insurance must cover medical expenses up to a minimum of 30,000 euros. Remember to apply for a home municipality at your local registry office after arriving in Finland in order to receive public health care.
If your studies last less than two years, the insurance must cover both sickness and accident related medical treatment up to a minimum of 100,000 euros.
The health insurance is required to have "no deductible".
Your health insurance must be valid on the date you arrive in Finland and for at least one year from the estimated date of your arrival in Finland.
Do not acquire a travel insurance since this is often meant for trips lasting a maximum of three months and is therefore inadequate.
Do not terminate your health insurance, it must be valid at all times in Finland.
Quote:Certificate of a health insurance indicating the following information:
• The name of the insured person
• The insurance coverage and amounts of benefit
• The validity period of the insurance
• The geographical area in which the insurance is valid

Please note about "no deductible" clause and the "geographical area" clause

Where did u get the No deductible clause from ???

http://www.edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=84253

Admit: DTU (Telecomm) | TUT | Aalto
Pending:UoAlberta (MINT)
Reject: EPFL | Stuttgart | Helsinki
05-14-2012 07:23 PM
Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 22
Morphine Waiting for your reply. Smile

bastian University of Eastern Finland sent me few PDFs . One of them about residence permit had the above.

Both of you check you PMs. I have given my phone no. to both of you. Gimme yours and contact me as soon as possible. Lets go together to Finland Wink

Bank|MyEval|Guide
Decided on Destination??>>Look Here
05-14-2012 09:35 PM
bastian Offline
Edulix Active Member

bastian Offline
Edulix Active Member

Morphine, Rocker.pg ... Hey guys, As per the requirement from Finnish embassy, there arent any requirement which says No Deductibles. I think that is more specific to the university.

As for the Geographic Region, when u get the Insurance policy, it will clearly mention the geographic region where the Insurance is valid. So no worries there.

If u still havent got insurance then check out ICICI Lombard, Bajaj Allianze or Star Health Insurance, they have pretty low premiums. But if ur university has specified to take insurance form one particular organization then i wud suggest you to do that. Also remember since our studies is 2 years or more we are entitled to Student Health insurance in finland.

And another info, I got all the required documents ready, Applied Online and booked my tickets for 21st and 22nd may for going to Delhi along with a couple of more guys... If there is any help u want from me regd documents i am happy to help.

05-14-2012 09:45 PM
thewho Offline
Edulix Frequent User

thewho Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Rocker.pgMorphine bastian

i think I have also read this clause of "no deductible" somewhere , but I cant find it now .......

also i called ICICI lombard if no deductible plan is available, the guy on other side said that no insurance company in india offers such plan.

I have heard that Star Health Insurance is cheapest.... But ICICI lombard and Bajaj Allianz offers more services.

hey guys i have also send you my phone number ...... kindly send me yours.
05-14-2012 10:53 PM
Morphine Away

Morphine Away

Rocker.pg Here you go..

INSURANCE
The Finnish Immigration Service has defined a minimum insurance coverage required from all foreign students needing a residence permit. As the duration of the studies is two years or more, you can have a home municipality in Finland and are entitled to municipal health care services. Therefore, it is sufficient for the insurance to primarily cover the cost of medicines (in practice the cover extends to doctor’s fees and costs of treatment and examination) up to 30,000 Euros. The insurance policy included into the residence permit application must at least include personal data validity of insurance, geographical area in which the insurance is valid, insurance cover, amounts of benefit and possibility to continue insurance valid for less than a year.
As the Student Insurance Programme (SIP, see here ) is preapproved by the Finnish Immigration Service its coverage is easily checked while processing a residence permit application. The price is also competitive and the university therefore recommends this insurance.

There are two insurance solutions for covering illness and healthcare costs: SIP integral and SIP complement.
SIP Integral is meant for persons who are not members of a mutual healthcare fund or who do not benefit from a social security system (e.g. students who will not have access to the student or national health care system in Finland). With SIP integral all the treatment costs for a covered accident/ illness will be refunded to the insured person in full from the first euro, with no maximum amount (hospital stay in a common room).
SIP Complement is meant for persons who already have a basic mutual healthcare cover (or students who will have access to the student or national health care system in Finland). The SIP Complement option will top up the medical costs in full after the allowance refunded to the insured person by the mutual healthcare fund (hospital stay in a common room). Therefore, the insured person pays a lower daily premium.
The insurance premium is calculated per insured day.
SIP Integral: €1.18/day or €431/356 days (1 year) plus an admin fee of €3.50.
SIP Compliment: €0.71/day or €260/365 days (1 year) plus an admin fee of €3.50.
Please note that the coverage can be taken for maximum one year. However, the insurance can be renewed after the 1st year.

The application procedure for SIP is done online. The insurance documents are automatically and immediately e-mailed to the student after the payment of the insurance premium. The insurance premiums are payable in advance through a secure online payment system (with VISA or Master Card). Students don't receive the original documents by post.

The residence permit can only be granted for the time that the insurance is valid (and anyway maximum of one year at a time).

All women should also make sure to be aware of how your insurance covers costs caused by a possible pregnancy. Probably anyone of you does not plan to make a family in Finland but these things have happened and shown to be pretty expensive in here.

In case you for one reason or another feel that SIP is not the best insurance for you please check Migri's FAQ page here for other companies that have offered adequate insurance policies.

CLARIFICATION OF INCOME
The websites of the Finnish Immigration Service clearly advise how to demonstrate adequate funding of your stay in Finland. Please notice, that even though the residence permit can be granted only for a year at a time, you should already calculate to be able to finance the whole study time in Finland and not only the first year. As you apply to renew your permit in a year you’ll again have to have 6000 Euros on your account.

bastian Although, I believe we all are aware of the required docs. But again, it would be very helpful if you list down all the docs you have uploaded on the Finnish resident online portal.

Also, let me know the international mobile number format which is required while making an account on the portal. I tried all the format that I am aware of, but still the site is throwing "wrong format" error. Brick wall

Regarding the 'no deductible" confusion. I believe it's better if we ask our respective university whether it is compulsory or not. I think this is same as 'Integral' and 'Complement' insurance mentioned above. We are eligible to opt for complement insurance because we can avail the student health insurance card. In fact the premium charge is low as compare to Integral one.

You got your health insurance from ICICI Lombard? How much they are charging?

thewho Including you in the PM chain with Rocker and Bastian for exchange of mobile numbers.

Adarsh Raj The insurance mail I posted here is the same as I shared with you earlier. I will continue the rest of our discussions regrading accommodation through gmail.

P.S -> Currently busy with my start-up. If you tag me in your thread please send me a reminder on ujjwal.mairh@gmail.com. Please don't send me the profile evaluation query on my email. That is just for notifying me in case you need a quick response. Also, include your thread link when you send me an email.

05-14-2012 11:46 PM
billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

^ @all: I'd advice you guys to select the health insurance carefully and don't get the deductible. Not only Finland, but Sweden also has similar requirement.
The embassy will accept your application, but there is a huge risk of being rejected because of that.
I remember Finnish immigration website had put list of a few recommended insurance companies from where you can get insurance online.

I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.
05-15-2012 12:09 AM
Morphine Away

Morphine Away

billa Just want to confirm once again. Are we eligible to opt for SIP complement insurance scheme?

Quote:SIP Complement is meant for persons who already have a basic mutual healthcare cover (or students who will have access to the student or national health care system in Finland).

Being as an international student, are we eligible to have access to the student health care system in Finland.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2012 12:57 AM by Morphine.)
05-15-2012 12:33 AM
bastian Offline
Edulix Active Member

bastian Offline
Edulix Active Member

Guys,

The No deductible thing is only applicable for Exchange students and not for students whose study last for 2 yrs or more.

There are students in aalto who have got RP even after they have taken Insurance from ICICI or Star or Bajaj.

As for the Documents i Uploaded:

1. Degree Certificate, 10th mark sheet, 12 Mark sheet
2. Passport Photo,
3. Bank statement and Bank Certificate.
4. My work Certificate containing info on my salary.
5. Insurance,
6. Univ Admission offer letter.
7. TOEFL SCORE

But i have all other documents as well, like:
1. Affidavit form Parents
2. Mom's and Dad's Bank Statement
3. Dad's Salary Slip,
4. All Mark sheets.

Plus some random documents.
(05-15-2012 12:33 AM)Morphine Wrote:  @[billa] Just want to confirm once again. Are we eligible to opt for SIP complement insurance scheme?

Quote:SIP Complement is meant for persons who already have a basic mutual healthcare cover (or students who will have access to the student or national health care system in Finland).

Being as an international student, are we eligible to have access to the student health care system in Finland.

Yes Students in Finland whose study last 2 years or more should opt only for SIP Compliment, since u r eligible for Student Health insurance in Finland

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2012 01:17 AM by bastian.)
05-15-2012 01:16 AM
vraider Away
All Rounder of the Year

vraider Away
All Rounder of the Year

Likes Given: 35
Hey. Nice to see a Finnish RP thread! Smile I'm yet to decide on TUT, but will I be too late if I start the processing by the middle of June?
Tagging Morphine andRocker.pg

^My two cents .
Tis' been a while.

I dont do profile evals.
05-15-2012 03:42 PM
bastian Offline
Edulix Active Member

bastian Offline
Edulix Active Member

(05-15-2012 03:42 PM)vraider Wrote:  Hey. Nice to see a Finnish RP thread! Smile I'm yet to decide on TUT, but will I be too late if I start the processing by the middle of June?
Tagging @[Morphine] and@[Rocker.pg]

It depends, some of the students who went on 2011, got their RPs in 30, 65,72 days... So i would say its subjective.. My suggestion wud be to get the process done with as soon as possible.

05-15-2012 03:47 PM
Morphine Away

Morphine Away

vraider Mid of June is quite risky because of the following reasons :

1) Finnish RP might take up to 2 months and the course at TUT will start around 20th of Aug. You probably need to have atleast 10 days in spare incase your RP get delayed.

2) The accommodation process in Tempere has already begun (check out the TAOS website) and you will find quite hard to get hold on a furnished apartment, if you apply in mid of June.

I will suggest you to start with the RP and accommodation process latest by 1st week of June.

Rocker.pg your views on this?

05-15-2012 03:56 PM
Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 22
vraider Morphine

Middle of June is quite late as Morphine said. As the time goes by, no. of applications will increase tremendously. You should apply within May for risk-free easy services.

Accommodation can be booked without a Residence Permit. I would suggest you to apply for accommodation as soon as possible to get a desired location. Apartments near the city center and the university are the ones that are booked early in the queue.

Also, billa I would like to know whether I will be able to switch my university later in the process? As you know, I have appealed against the decision of Aalto. The result of the appeal will be available in late June. Since I shall be applying for RP on the basis of Admission Letter from UEF, will I be able to change my decision?

Bank|MyEval|Guide
Decided on Destination??>>Look Here
05-15-2012 05:54 PM
billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

Rocker.pg Once you get residence permit, you can attend any university in Finland but don't keep high hopes from Aalto.

I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.
05-15-2012 06:39 PM
Adarsh Raj Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Adarsh Raj Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 25
billa

Regarding the TOAS Online Application Form, I would appreciate it if you can answer the following questions :

1.) Does the IBAN and BIC Code required in the Online Form have to be of my Personal Account, or can it be of my Parents / Sponsors / Guardian Account ?

2.) Since I am from India, and IBAN Codes are used only for European Banks, what should I fill in the IBAN Code space ? Do I write my 16 Digit Account Number ?

Thanks ...

Adarsh Raj

InfoBank
05-17-2012 12:41 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread