Please dont do this - Incident from RWTH Aachen
krishme007 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

krishme007 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Likes Given: 3
Unisearch: Link
Please dont do this - Incident from RWTH Aachen
Source of info :- My friend who is currently studying there. This happened last year.

Many might be wondering why RWTH Aachen dis-continued Master's in Automotive Engineering. Well, this post is about that Smile
This is about a big shot guy who is responsible for dis-continuation of MS in automotive progs.

This guy who was from 2008/09 batch(no sure about this), had got into MS in automotive. Even after a long time, that guy was struggling to cope with the coursework and the pressure related to masters. Even after 2 years, he still hadn't completed enough credits to graduate. He still needed an year or 2 to finish the required credits. When my friend who joined in 2010 was in her 2 year (while doing internship), he just got into 3rd sem itseems.

Frustrated with all this and not able to finish MS in 2 years, that GUY barged into the department and shouted at all the big shots (Course Advisors, Dept heads etc) saying something like - You people design the course in such a way that we dont pass, its not feasible to complete in 2 years, still you people set the curriculum in such a manner and his bull *word censored by forum* goes on and on........

Now, no one likes to be shouted something like this from a student. That too he is an international student (India). The department people got pissed with his attitude, haughtiness and decided - If the international students are facing problems in coping with our course, we will remove it. The very next week after this incident, they removed the course listing from their website!!

A gentle request to all :

Masters is not a easy thing. It requires lot of hard work and dedication from our part. Please proceed only if you are mentally prepared for it. Else, not only you will find yourself in deep s**t, there are chances that due to your actions others will face heat also in ways you possibly cant imagine.

Be modest and sincere. Have the required mental preparation and know what is expected from you, before proceeding further.

(Was not sure where to post this, but thought this might be the appropriate place. Please move if this is not supposed to be here)

Regards,
Vinay

<I am not an active Edulix user anymore, expect delay in replies>
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012 07:13 PM by krishme007.)
06-18-2012 07:10 PM
Find all posts by this user
rajbxe789 Offline
Edulix Active Member

rajbxe789 Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 0
RE: Please dont do this - Incident from RWTH Aachen
Its very unfortunate to happen and that too from an Indian!
Indeed,this incident will reveal the gruesomeness and hectic nature of MS to newbies.

My Infobank
If you can dream it,you can do it. ~ Walt Disney

Create Infobank || Profile Eval Guide || ECE Specialization
06-18-2012 09:14 PM
Wololo Offline
Admin Emeritus

Wololo Offline
Admin Emeritus

Likes Given: 70
Strangest thing I've read in a while. Why would any school worth its salt give up a program just because of a whiny grad student Confused

I no longer have the time, and have not kept up with the trends to give profile evaluations. Please only tag me if you have general queries about my school, life in the US, internships/jobs and the like.

There's always a relevant xkcd - http://imgs.xkcd.com/a1panels/f86afa98e0...f52d15.png
06-18-2012 09:32 PM
pulse Offline

pulse Offline

Wololo, you have aired my exact thoughts. I dont think this could be the only reason. If the guy found it difficult, the dept could have easily told him to drop out, right?
One guy facing difficulty does not intrinsically imply that the entire batch is experiencing the same thing.

Tag me to get a response.
Currently at KUL and TU/e.
06-18-2012 09:39 PM
aditya_b Offline
Edulix Senior Member

aditya_b Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Likes Given: 0
really this is weird.

Why will any1 drop a program becouse of one student ?

Clearly there is more to than what meets the eye.

06-18-2012 09:54 PM
krishme007 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

krishme007 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

I am guessing the same. But this was a big incident there. Dunno what exactly happened later, but the Profs there were of the opinion that since international students are facing it difficult, no point in keeping the prog for them. I am not sure, but its removed for international students as of now.

Regards,
Vinay

06-18-2012 11:18 PM
gowthamtce Offline
Profile Evaluator of the Year-2012

gowthamtce Offline
Profile Evaluator of the Year-2012

Likes Given: 1
^ Guys please stop this non sense, RWTH temporarily removed the course for meeting Bologna regulations. It will be offered for Fall 2013 for International students as usually. They have also removed IC Engines course along with Automobile engineering only for this Fall. So don't built up thoughts based on assumptions and spams, No university will never a program if One International student facing a problem. Shame on you

M.Sc Sustainable Energy Engineering at KTH , Sweden and EPFL, Switzerland
Tag me for profile evaluation
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2012 11:33 AM by gowthamtce.)
06-19-2012 11:31 AM
krishme007 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

krishme007 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Ohhh...not spam, but posted what i heard from my friend who is studying there Very Happy If its spam, then requesting moderators to remove this...

Regards,
Vinay

06-19-2012 12:12 PM
Wololo Offline
Admin Emeritus

Wololo Offline
Admin Emeritus

Likes Given: 70
Ok, then I guess this can be closed. The bottom line is, don't be whiny about grad school Wink

I no longer have the time, and have not kept up with the trends to give profile evaluations. Please only tag me if you have general queries about my school, life in the US, internships/jobs and the like.

There's always a relevant xkcd - http://imgs.xkcd.com/a1panels/f86afa98e0...f52d15.png
06-19-2012 12:16 PM
krishme007 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

krishme007 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Quote:Dear Student ,

Thank you very much for your application for our MSc-program "Automotive Engineering". During the next months, the structure, content etc. of the program have to be updated following the Bologna regulations.
With respect to the required accreditation procedure afterwards, there extraordinarily is no enrolment of new students possible in the following winter term 2012/2013.
It is planned to offer the MSc-program "Automotive Engineering" again in the winter term after, namely 2013/2014. For more information concerning this program, please refer to the following websitehttp://www.ika.rwth-aachen.de/lehre/master/prospective-students.php You can also contact the course manager of Automotive Engineering for more information.
We hope you can understand this extraordinary situation.
However, the RWTH International Academy would like to inform you that there are other programs in Mechanical Engineering starting in winter 2012 that might be interesting for you.
We would like to highly recommend you to apply for one of these programs.
Please refer to http://www.master-mechanical-engineering.com for further information about master programs provided by RWTH International Academy and to find the online application (http://www.rwth-aachen.de/ioam). Please also read the frequently asked questions (FAQ) as they might be helpful while preparing your application.
The course in Computer Aided Conception and Production in Mechanical Engineering prepares students to develop and apply modern computer-aided methods in design and manufacturing in modern industrial production. Please click here to find the full curriculum and course structure.
The Production Systems Engineering course provides knowledge covering the entire range of production technology through integrating Organisation, Manufacturing Technology, Production Machines and Resources of Quality Management. Please click here to find the full curriculum and course structure.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information about one of these two master programs.

Warm regards

Julia Anton, M.A.
Master Office

RWTH International Academy
Eilfschornsteinstr. 18
52074 Aachen, Deutschland / Germany

fon: +49 (0) 241 80 96655
email: j.anton@academy.rwth-aachen.de
internet: http://www.academy.rwth-aachen.de
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Helmut Dinger; AmtsgerichtAachen HRB Nr. 8099; Ust.-ID: DE 209 849 580
Gesellschafter: Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule (RWTH) Aachen, pro RWTH – Freunde und Förderer der RWTH Aachen e.V.

Source - http://www.edulix.com/forum/showthread.p...pid=936590

Got this from one of the posts.

Now gotta kill my friend for feeding me with the story!!! Sorry folks Embarassed

Regards,
Vinay

06-19-2012 12:19 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread