Edulix Frequent User

mayurjb Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
FALL 2013 | MS | CS | GRE 1100(V 340 Q 740) | 78.5% | VTU
Hello.
My profile is as follows.

Applying for Summer/Winter 2013 for MS in Germany.
B.E. in Computer Science from VTU with aggregate 78.5/100 (never had backlogs) (2012 batch)
GRE : 1100 (740+360), I am thinking of taking it up once again in the coming months.
TOEFL : Taking it on 28th July.
Xth : 87%
XII : 78%

Campus placed at Infosys. (Not begun work yet)
Did my 6th sem and 8th sem project by myself. Developed open source apps which end users can use.
Currently undergoing training for Java and CCNP certifications.
Started learning German at Goethe-Institut, Bangalore.
I am also a musician and a freelance photographer/movie maker and I have a couple of certificates related to these.

What universities do you think I should go ahead and apply ?
Is there a chance I can make it into TU Darmstadt, Dresden, Stuttgart ?
I'm not being very ambitious about TU Berlin and Munich, but I can give it a shot.
What do you seniors have to say about this ?
I am not very keen on joining Universities of Applied Sciences, but yes, in the worst case, I have no other option.

Tagging
anuragm
anjanakarthik

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2012 10:41 PM by mayurjb.)
07-18-2012 04:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
anuragm Away

anuragm Away

Likes Given: 10
Unisearch: Link
RE: FALL 2013 | MS | CS | GRE 1100(V 340 Q 740) | 78.5% | VTU
mayurjb I don't know why you tagged me and anjanakarthik because neither of us are from Computer Science. Go through the forum and tag seniors who are related to your field, if you expect any specific help.

That being said, you will have to come up with your own list of universities. It is not about selecting universities on ranking/popularity alone. You should take some time to think about the programs offered by them. Choose programs that interest you and apply (There is no application fee in most universities anyway). You may use the DAAD website for this.

The most important criteria for admissions in Germany is your academic record. Most of the universities mention it on their website. At 78% you are right at the boundary of the minimum requirements of universities at Stuttgart, Munich, etc. But that doesn't mean you cannot make it - you will need to work harder on your SoP/LoRs. I don't think your extra-curriculars will be of much help.

Most of what I said could have easily been found on edulix by a little searching. You should be doing all this work yourself before you decide to go ahead and waste someone else's time.

07-24-2012 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread