UniSearch - Tool to choose your destination university
|Details of aditya57|
|Real Name||Chulbul Pandey.|
|University (will be) Attending||University of Minnesota Twin Cities|
|Specialization||Systems / Scientific Computing|
|Term and Year||Fall - 2017|
|Standardized Test Scores|
|Experience and Publications|
|Industrial Experience||2 Years, 11 Months|
|Research Experience||1 Years, 6 Months|
|Internship Experience||0 Years, 3 Months|
|Applied Visa Type||F1|
|Visa Consulate City||Hyderabad|
|Applied University||University of Utah|
|Type of Finance Docs||Not Applicable|
|Type of Financial Aid||Tuition Waver|
|Other Miscellaneous Details|
Applying for PhD (Fall 17) in CS:
- MS in Computer Science from the University of Utah (graduated Summer 16)
- Research Interests in Numerical Analysis, High Performance Computing, and Systems.
- Awarded fully funded admit for MS (fall 2014, spring 2015)
- using the same GRE scores.
- Two semesters of TA experience.
- Two semesters + two summers of RA experience.
- one mid level author publication at a workshop proceeding.
- Final Masters level project to be published.
- Advisor pretty well known in the area of HPC.
- GPA 3.67/4.00
- Two strong recos from advisor and committee member(professors)
- Weak reco likely from advisor who I TA-ed for in Fall 14.
X No industry experience in the US.
Applied Details for MS in CS:
- GRE score % (Q-94,V-91,A.W.A-35)
- TOEFL score split (R-30,L-29,S-23,W-28)
1)will be having ~3 years of experience in an US fortune 500 company R&D team. (1/2 year in development and 2.5 in research)
2)Teaching databases and Java Programming to sophomore students in an engineering college after graduation ( 3 semesters taught by fall-14)
3) IBM DB2 V10 certified.
4) completed databases course in Coursera.
5) Mobile games development using J2ME during third year as mini project
6) SMT protocol using public key encryption for mobile adhoc networks and scored the highest possible marks during evaluation as main project.
7) NSS active member during college.
8) troubleshooting / maintenance team member in college lab
X no publications/ papers but worked under PhD pursuing professor in 4th year.
MS admits - Utah, NCSU, and Stony Brook
MS rejects - Virginia Tech, UW Madison, and UMass Amherst.
|North Carolina State University||Admit|
|Submitted. Complete 12/13. Admit on 01/25.|
|Ohio State University Columbus||Admit|
|Submitted. Under review 12/01. Admit on 01/24.|
|Texas A and M University College Station||Admit|
|Submitted 10/31.Complete 12/16.|
|University of Chicago||Admit|
|Submitted 11/04. Complete 12/16.|
|University of Minnesota Twin Cities||Admit|
|Submitted 11/15. Application Complete 12/13.|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||Reject|
|Submitted. To dept review 12/13|
|Submitted. Under dept review 11/30|
|University of Maryland College Park||Reject|
|Submitted. Application Complete 12/13|