Edulix
Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - Printable Version

+- Edulix (http://www.edulix.com/forum)
+-- Forum: II. Profile Evaluation Phase (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: U.K., Europe , Asia & Australia Admissions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=110057)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - Frankenstein - 03-30-2012 01:08 PM

@[gowthamtce] Buddy, the Swedish consulate doesn't provide any docs for getting a bank loan. what the lady there said is, you have to arrange 7300sek * 20 some how in your personal bank account. she doesn't seem to have any info on getting a bank loan but she said you could try to get a bank loan with the admission letter. I highly doubt whether the bank would cover living expense or not. For any details you can email svensk_chennai94@bsnl.in and they are pretty responsive.

@[sweetyshona] You need to show 7300 sek * 20 in your account for visa, No need to show anything for tuition fee.

@[ashwin.musk] ToDo for Resident Permit

Quote:Consulate of Sweden

6, Cathedral Road, Chennai 600 086

Tel:044-28112232 Fax: 044-28110294 Email:svensk_chennai94@bsnl.in

Application Details for Students’ Residence Permit.

1) Application form No.105031 - 2 sets must be downloaded from site http://www.migrationsverket.se, completed and signed.

All questions must be answered. Those which does not pertain to the student, ‘not applicable’ must be written.

2) Three passport size photographs. (Please read specifications at the end of this document.

3) Valid passport along with two photocopies (of pages 1,2 and last)

4) Fees:

An application fee of Rs.7600/- and a courier fee of Rs.330/- must be taken in the form of two separate demand drafts in the name of Consulate of Sweden, payable at Chennai.

5) Educational Certificates:

a) For those students completing their professional course (bachelor’s) in 2012, need to get a course completion certificate from the college and also individual semester mark sheets upto the last sem. These must be in original and two copies each.

b) For those students who have completed in 2011 or earlier, need to show original prov. and/or convocation certificate(bachelor’s) and give two copies of the certificates and mark sheets.

c) Original school certificates only for perusal and return. No need of copies.

6) Admission Letter: Original plus two copies. The study should be full time.

7) Financial documents:

a) The student should have a savings account in his name and the bank must be in the vicinity of his or his parents residence.

b) Proof of funds at the rate of Sek7, 300/- per month for the entire planned study period must be shown in the savings account of the student.

c) If the study period is only for one year or less, then the student must be covered by insurance for health and travel. Original plus two copies of the insurance must be given along with the application.

d) Loan sanction letters and fixed deposit receipts as proof of funds are not acceptable. Affidavits and CA statements are not required.

e) A certificate from the bank branch manager clearly mentioning the name, account number and balance in the account of the holder as on date of the certificate must be produced in original with two copies.

f) The bank certificate must bear the name of the authorized signatory, seal of the branch and workable telephone nos to the branch with the area code.

g) Bank savings passbook original for perusal and return must be given.

Submission of application at the consulate:

a) Students upon receipt of admission MUST IMMEDIATELY CONTACT THE CONSULATE AND FIX AN APPOINTMENT for submission of application with documents mentioned above.

b) Appointments are on first come basis. Email at svensk_chennai94@bsnl.in or call 28112232 between 2.30 to 3.30 pm. only. General queries are also answered at the same time.

c) Because of the heavy rush, student must come on the appointed day. If the appointment is cancelled, another one will be at a later date according to the queue.

d) The application is forwarded to the Migration Board in Sweden for decision.

e) After getting a decision from migration board, all applicant should visit the Embassy for biometric. More info visit the website: http://www.swedenabraod.se/newdelhi

Photocopies of all documents must be on A4 size paper.

Consulate of Sweden

Chennai.

After Completing this procedure, either before receiving the notification of RP acceptance or after receiving the notification of RP acceptance we need to go to Swedish High Commission at New Delhi with Passport to give our biometrics.

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - ashwin.musk - 03-30-2012 06:27 PM

@[Frankenstein] have you finished your B.tech degree? I havent, and I will be getting my degree completion certificates only by june or so I guess, wont that be too late?

and regarding the biometrics, cant that be done in chennai consulate or any consulate nearby? we have to go to delhi only is it?

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - Frankenstein - 03-30-2012 08:02 PM

@[ashwin.musk] i'm a 2011 passed out. But in my college last year they gave the course completion certificate before we sat for our final sem exams. And regarding Bio-Metrics, yes we need to go to Swedish Embassy at New Delhi. But that can be done after getting the decision from migration board.

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - avnish - 04-01-2012 11:27 PM

@[gowthamtce] @[ashwin.musk] @[Frankenstein] I'm having a hard time arranging that 7300*20 SEK amount for visa?

Will the loan sanction letter from bank won't be enough? I mean is this necessarily has to be liquid money?

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - gowthamtce - 04-01-2012 11:49 PM

@[avnish] We need liquid money in our bank account. And one more thing how did approached the bank, do you have any confirmation statement from Univ stating 7300*20 SEK as living expenses. what kind of document you have with you now.

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - avnish - 04-02-2012 12:14 AM

@[gowthamtce] 7300*20 SEK as living expenses is the condition set by swedish migration board not by university. (in your case KTH) Your main concern would be to show visa money. Right?

As per the PNB bank manager, the only loans we can avail is tuition fee so I'm too confused how to arrange this visa money since bank won't be transferring this money (10 Lakh INR) in our savings account.

I guess we need to arrange this money through relatives/friends/personal savings.

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - GETHU - 04-02-2012 08:20 PM

How much time does this whole process take? Any idea? I am still waiting for other replies so i want to make sure if there is enough time for me to get the Visa if i decide to go ahead with Sweden.

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - nmkumar89 - 04-03-2012 02:58 PM

(04-02-2012 08:20 PM)hemanth.jan Wrote:  How much time does this whole process take? Any idea? I am still waiting for other replies so i want to make sure if there is enough time for me to get the Visa if i decide to go ahead with Sweden.

I think its going to take 2 months for the entire process. If you apply for the residence permit by end of this month, you should ge getting the permit in time.

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - ashwin.musk - 04-03-2012 04:31 PM

@[nmkumar89] have you started the process already? I asked my college and they said they will be giving the degree completion certificate as we finish the final exam only, around may 25th. wont that be too late?

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - avnish - 04-03-2012 07:52 PM

@[billa] In the application form , how the date of birth has to be entered?They have mentioned the following

(yr, mth, day, ID digits- if any)
So should I type like this?
(19XX, month in numerals, date in numerals)

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - ashwin.musk - 04-03-2012 09:54 PM

and yeah, what are the dates of commencement and end of degree for chalmers university? I remember seeing it in a link but I have lost it.. does anybody know?

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - billa - 04-04-2012 10:16 AM

@[avnish] yes. For example 2012-03-15.

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - ashwin.musk - 04-10-2012 06:02 PM

Dear Student,

You can apply with a bonafide certificate. After receiving your course completion certificate you can submit the same in our consulate.You have to fix an appointment with us prior to coming to the consulate for submission of your application.

svensk/chennai

This is for all the people who are currently studying b.tech..

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - ashwin.musk - 04-13-2012 08:48 AM

@[billa], your help please on filling up the swedish visa application form...in the plans for future section, they have asked where i would like to work after completion of degree..i want to work in sweden but i'm afraid its a trick question of some sort..how should i reply to this question?

and this is to the fellow applicants..what should we write in the "further information" column?d'oh!

RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012 - billa - 04-13-2012 10:03 AM

@[ashwin.musk] No need to mention that you want to work, or even want to study further. You can do whatever you want once you are there.

If the Further information field is not required, you dont need to fill it. Just fill the required fields.