darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 4
Unisearch: Link
RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012
avnish
Yes, it needs to be filled in one go. I typed out everything yesterday and when I logged on today, everything is gone. It's not that long, but I got some errors like "Error loading page" etc when I click next. So, I think I'll fill the form like Frankenstein.

Frankenstein
Dude, that was quick. So, we'll have to go to New Delhi to give our fingerprint eh? Didn't know about that. Although, after reading your experience I am kinda worried. Did she go through your mark sheets? My UG marks aren't exactly great and I've had some backlogs in the past. Also, do we have to show separate mark sheets or will the consolidated one with all marks in all semesters do?
Also, thanks a lot for posting your VI. It helps a lot. I'm from chennai too. Hope my VI goes as smoothly as yours.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012 05:21 PM by darklift.)
04-27-2012 05:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
nmkumar89 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

nmkumar89 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Frankenstein

Thanks for sharing VI experience. It was helpful. Did you get any official admission and scholarship letter from the university?
04-27-2012 07:00 PM
Frankenstein Offline
Edulix Active Member

Frankenstein Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift yes, she did go through my marks; But i'm not sure whether that's a routine. Give a justifying answer if she asks about backlogs. I remember seeing some where that individual mark sheets must be submitted, I had my consolidated mark sheet too, but i submitted individual mark sheets alone, Better give a call and confirm that. Decision's are not taken here, this is just like a pre-emptive application processing. Here they check whether you are the right candidate and the docs necessary for residence permit approval are fine. They forward this application to Embassy at New Delhi and from there it goes to Sweden where the final decision is taken. And it comes down back through the ladder. Stay cool and give reasonable answers, this is not even remotely like a US VI. Best wishes to you Smile

nmkumar89 We won't get any official admission letter, at least that's the case for Chalmers and KTH. But i'm not sure about Linkoping. The Notification of Results PDF generated at universityadmissions.se is the official admission letter. I received the original hard copy of the scholarship few weeks ago, again i'm not sure whether all the universities will send a hard copy of the scholarship. I guess it should be clearly mentioned in the confirmation email which said you've been awarded with a scholarship Smile

Chalmers - Computer Systems and Networks - Autumn 2012
04-27-2012 08:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
avnish Offline
Edulix Active Member

avnish Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Thanks for the info man!!

Got another admit today in Aalto Univesity, Finland..
Need to decide early since there is no tuition fees for my course in Aalto and Aalto is well reputed

Any body knows how to change the signature..please post the link here..Thanks Smile
04-27-2012 08:33 PM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

Frankenstein
Thanks. I'll give them a call. Anyways, I went ahead and submitted the online application since it seemed much easier. I got the following email from them

"Your application for a residence permit for studies in Sweden is now registered and processing will commence. If you were required to pay your application you will receive confirmation of payment in a separate e-mail. When a decision has been made you will receive a notification to this e-mail address, unless you have entered that you wish to have contact with the Swedish embassy in Beijing. In that case you will be notified of the decision according to the embassy´s routines. For information about waiting times, follow this link. "

I'm just wondering why there isn't anything about the Visa Interview in the email. Should I contact the chennai consulate and fix a date? Or should I wait for their 'decision' and then do it. Anyone else applied online?

Tagging billa

avnish
No problem mate. Is Aalto better than Chalmers?

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012 09:12 PM by darklift.)
04-27-2012 09:08 PM
billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

darklift Normally Swedish embassy does not require interview. I don't know if they have changed it recently.

I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.
04-27-2012 09:54 PM
avnish Offline
Edulix Active Member

avnish Offline
Edulix Active Member

billa darklift how long prior to visa application one should have the funds in the account?
04-27-2012 10:02 PM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

Thanks billa. I'll search more on this.

avnish
If you mean the 11.8 Lakhs we are supposed to show for supporting our living expenses, you need to get the statement from the bank, scan and attach it in the online application. It's asked in the last step of the online app along with Admission proof and a scanned copy of your passport.

About how long you should have the funds in your account, here's what I did. The funds in my account were in Fixed deposits. Since funds in FD's cannot be shown as proof for the resident permit, I had to withdraw it and then get the statement showing the balance from the bank. I only did this last week. Not sure if this was the right way to go, so better get help from someone else.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012 11:01 PM by darklift.)
04-27-2012 11:01 PM
nmkumar89 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

nmkumar89 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Frankenstein

It was clearly mentioned that a hard copy of the scholarship letter would be included along with the welcome materials which i m yet to receive. It been more than month since we got the confirmation mail.
@[darklift]

I think I would prefer to go in person and submit the required documents. I feel like I m taking a risk by applying it online. Anyways call the embassy and check whether you need to go in person.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 12:34 AM by nmkumar89.)
04-28-2012 12:30 AM
Frankenstein Offline
Edulix Active Member

Frankenstein Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift As i already said, its not a Interview. They just check whether you have the right docs to be sent to Migration Board at Sweden which i suppose you did online. That should be fine.

nmkumar89 It should not take more than 2 weeks to receive the scholarship hard copy in hands, better you contact the university or scholarship issuing authority at the earliest, if they had dispatched it already they might give you some tracking number to see where it is currently. But i don't think scholarship letter is necessary for submitting docs at consulate.

04-28-2012 08:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
nmkumar89 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

nmkumar89 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Frankenstein

As far as i know, no one who got in Linkoping has received the welcome materials yet. Did you submit the hard copy of the scholarship letter at the consulate? and what was that 15 page appointment letter that u had mentioned?
04-28-2012 11:00 AM
ashwin.musk Offline
Edulix Active Member

ashwin.musk Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 13
darklift I'll post a brief experience about my VI, it'll give you an idea,

My appointment was at 11am, and Its kinda near my place so I started late and arrived half an hour before, at about 10 30, and found that Frankenstein was already sitting there done with his VI. When i tried to ask him about what happened the security shooed us off, so I made him wait while I was done with mine.

The security gave me a leaflet kinda thing with pockets which were labelled with the documents you need to keep inside em, it took me around 10 min to do it, once done let the security guy know and he'll give it to the lady inside, she'll call you in after 15min, and here's how mine went,

Me : Hello ma'am
L: hello, did you schedule appointment by phone or mail?
Me : by phone ma'am, about a week back,
L : let me check that, ah yes. Okay Ashwin, how did you decide upon sweden?
Me : Blah blah blah.
L : but you did your UG in mechanical right? its true that Germany is better off with that stuff? you didnt apply there?
Me : applied, but chalmers-volvo-safety-alternate powertrains-better blah blah blah.
L: okay, you are going as exchange student?
Me : NO! yet to finish b.tech, going as full time student..
L: where is your certificate?
Me: Showing her, the bonafide saying i'll get it by june,..
L: okay, but can i look at your grade sheets then?
Me: yeah sure, here they are..
L : * smirks while browsing through the sheets *...do I see some "F"s here? *grinning* in the first few semesters? what? starting problem? *guffawing*
Me: yes ma'am, i found it a little difficult in the beginning to pick up to the college syllabi standards..
L: what pa, some reason you are telling..you are weak in maths aah? (worst tamil english accent possible)
Me: no ma'am, please understand, i studied in CBSE till tenth, then changed over to State board, took a hit badly bcoz they taught me calculus in the worst way posssible, took me some time to recuperate..you can see a sharp increase in my grades after that, in my core subjects..
L : yes paa..i have two kids too..one in tenth and eighth..they are studying in cbse and i am thinking of changing them to state board..
Me: PLEASE dont, they will suffer during college, let them continue in cbse..
L: okay pa, hmm..fill up this form , this is for address for the courier..
L: i need two copies of the grade sheets also pa..go and get it..
Me: yes ma'am, i shall do it imeediately and give it..
L: *stamps a black colour SWE logo on my passport*..looks like you went to singapore? for what purpose?
Me: yes ma'am, just a small tour..
L: good good..okay, its all done, go get two copies and submit....

i get the copies done from a shop nearby and enter the consulate again to submit the copies...

Me: ma'am, will my acads affect the chances of getting the Residence permit?
L: No ma..Its my duty to enquire..thats what i did..dont worry.. * big innappropriate smile*..

Looking out for Masters in Automotive engineering.

Admits- Univ of Leeds, Loughborough University, Chalmers Univ, Clemson, Cranfield
Rejects- Esslingen

http://edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=139199
04-28-2012 11:23 AM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

ashwin.musk
Frankenstein
Thank you. Anyways, I just got a mail from the Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi asking me to visit and submit my Biometrics. They also asked me to bring the originals of the files I attached in the online app which is the Passport, Bank Statement and Admission letter.

Have you guys got the call yet? If so, when are you planning to go?

04-30-2012 11:07 AM
Frankenstein Offline
Edulix Active Member

Frankenstein Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift No, i didn't get any call from the embassy. As my original docs were verified here in Chennai Consulate, i just need to carry my passport alone to Swedish Embassy at New Delhi, atleast that's what the people at Chennai consulate said. Once the Residence Permit is approved, i've to go to Delhi, which i suppose will happen by late may or early june.

05-01-2012 10:41 AM
ashwin.musk Offline
Edulix Active Member

ashwin.musk Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 13
darklift same goes to me too, because I applied in person, not online..Will keep you posted..

Looking out for Masters in Automotive engineering.

Admits- Univ of Leeds, Loughborough University, Chalmers Univ, Clemson, Cranfield
Rejects- Esslingen

http://edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=139199
05-01-2012 12:55 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread