Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012
Abhisahu Offline
New Edulixian

Abhisahu Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012
Hey, did anyone get to know for how long do we need to maintain 7300*20 sek acc. balance post application to residence permit.
I mean can we withdraw the amount partially after getting the balance certificate from bank.
Thanks
05-07-2012 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Hi,

I have an offer from Linkoping for SOCware, i dunt think anyone has applied for that course...Smile Anyway i applied for the visa but the bank statement which i gave them is a joint account of me and my mothers. However the bank statement clearly mentions tat I have been maintaining the bank account with them.The current balance is 7000*20 and that i am free to use this balance at my will and transfer at my will.

Will this suffice? Will my visa be rejected? Is there anything that can be done?
Please advise. Its urgent.

Regards
Rahul
05-10-2012 08:13 PM
totalgsm Offline
Edulix Active Member

totalgsm Offline
Edulix Active Member

soc I don't think this should be a problem
@[Abhisahu] do not withdraw just after taking the certificate, keep it till you get your RP.
They call the bank and ask the details.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 09:53 PM by totalgsm.)
05-10-2012 09:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(05-10-2012 09:52 PM)totalgsm Wrote:  @[soc] I don't think this should be a problem
@[Abhisahu] do not withdraw just after taking the certificate, keep it till you get your RP.
They call the bank and ask the details.

Hi,
are u sure...because i am nervous...i dont want my application rejected because of this reason.
05-10-2012 10:19 PM
totalgsm Offline
Edulix Active Member

totalgsm Offline
Edulix Active Member

Yes I had my appointment last week, they called after 3 days and asked the bank.
05-11-2012 12:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(05-11-2012 12:53 AM)totalgsm Wrote:  Yes I had my appointment last week, they called after 3 days and asked the bank.

Hi,

Was the last 6 months passbook copy necessary since there was only one attachment that could be done? ALso did u also submit a statement with a joint account?
05-11-2012 07:37 PM
Argentum Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Argentum Offline
Edulix Frequent User

I got innoenergy scholarship which covers living allowance and tuition fee. But, the allowance is only 750 euro/month for 24 months. My first year would be KTH.
Will this be a problem when I apply for resident permit?
It states the living cost should be 7300 SEK/month for 20 months.
But 750 euro x 24 months > 7300 SEK x 20 months.

Tag billa
05-12-2012 05:15 PM
billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

(05-12-2012 05:15 PM)Argentum Wrote:  I got innoenergy scholarship which covers living allowance and tuition fee. But, the allowance is only 750 euro/month for 24 months. My first year would be KTH.
Will this be a problem when I apply for resident permit?
It states the living cost should be 7300 SEK/month for 20 months.
But 750 euro x 24 months > 7300 SEK x 20 months.

Argentum If you don't have to pay tuition fees, then its fine.

I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.
05-12-2012 05:50 PM
sachin5101985 Offline
Edulix Active Member

sachin5101985 Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hi Every 1
I have applied for the residence permit last thursday.
I directly went to the Embassy in New Delhi with all my docs without applying online.

The process was lengthy as I did not apply online (would suggest every 1 to first apply online and then go to Delhi).

First had an interview and submitted my docs and surprisingly the lady was tired (as she was the only 1 taking interviews all day) and was off as well. She told me just to provide her 2 copies of the application form, 2 fotos, admit letters, 10th passing certificate and SI scholarship offer thats it. I had taken a file of documents but she asked for none except the above mentioned. Later I had the Biometric and paid the courier charges (Rs 200). And do take change as they wont help u in getting the change due to a large rush at the embassy.

Finally I had all my work done and the lady said that I would get my Permit in about 8 weeks.

Do reach the embassy atleast 1 hour earlier than the allotted timings as the queue gets longer and longer.

I am still struggling to contact students admitted to Communication Systems at KTH.
Neither is there a community on FB, Orkut or tweets. Pls do get in contact and let me know if any 1 is leaving From Delhi to Stockholm on 15th Aug(Welcome day at KTH).

Admits: KTH, Aalto, TU/Delt, NTU
Rejects: Chalmers, Helsinki, Tu/e
Awaited: NUS
Destination: KTH
05-13-2012 11:41 AM
soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Hi,

While applying for resident permit online i showed a bank certificate of a nationalized bank stating that i have 7300*20 SEK in the account and I am allowed to transfer at my own will. I did not submit a scanned document of the 6 months transactions of my passbook. However the bank account is a joint account, and I may have made an error there. Would it be possible to correct my application now by sending them a bank statement of a personal account? Is it that once i have submitted my application i cannot do any changes whatsoever? Pleaseee replyy guys...

Regard
Rahul
05-13-2012 06:00 PM
sachin5101985 Offline
Edulix Active Member

sachin5101985 Offline
Edulix Active Member

[soc]

You cannot do anything with the online application once you have submitted.

But u can definetly submit ur correct docs when u go for biometric at Delhi.
Also u can discuss the problem with the embassy delhi on phone.

The VISA process is not so strict, I hope they would help u out.

I have seen cases where people have different spellings in their form and passport and they still get their VISA buy dicsussing their problem and submitting the right documents.

All D Best!!

(05-13-2012 06:00 PM)soc Wrote:  Hi,

While applying for resident permit online i showed a bank certificate of a nationalized bank stating that i have 7300*20 SEK in the account and I am allowed to transfer at my own will. I did not submit a scanned document of the 6 months transactions of my passbook. However the bank account is a joint account, and I may have made an error there. Would it be possible to correct my application now by sending them a bank statement of a personal account? Is it that once i have submitted my application i cannot do any changes whatsoever? Pleaseee replyy guys...

Regard
Rahul
05-13-2012 07:05 PM
soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Quote:[soc]

You cannot do anything with the online application once you have submitted.

But u can definetly submit ur correct docs when u go for biometric at Delhi.
Also u can discuss the problem with the embassy delhi on phone.

The VISA process is not so strict, I hope they would help u out.

I have seen cases where people have different spellings in their form and passport and they still get their VISA buy dicsussing their problem and submitting the right documents.

All D Best!!
-@sachin5101985
Hi,

Thanks for the information. So do you mean to say that my visa application will not get rejected?

Is there no other way of sending the right documents to migration board?
I will call the embassy at Delhi tomorrow. I was really nervous and restless, i still am.

Regards
Rahul
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2012 07:37 PM by soc.)
05-13-2012 07:30 PM
vgovind23 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

vgovind23 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(04-30-2012 11:07 AM)darklift Wrote:  @[ashwin.musk]
Frankenstein
Thank you. Anyways, I just got a mail from the Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi asking me to visit and submit my Biometrics. They also asked me to bring the originals of the files I attached in the online app which is the Passport, Bank Statement and Admission letter.

Have you guys got the call yet? If so, when are you planning to go?

hi darklift, Did they ask you to visit on any particular date in the mail? Even i submitted online application and got a mail asking me to visit Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi. However, no particular date is mentioned. Does that mean I can go any day? I am in Bangalore thats why Smile

billa
sachin5101985
Frankenstein

05-18-2012 10:31 AM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 4
vgovind23
Visited the embassy day before yesterday. No, you do not have to fix an appointment. Just go to the Swedish embassy at 9 AM on any of the mentioned days.

You need
1. Original Bank Statement
2. Original Passport
3. Printout of the admission letter from antagning.se [All 3 pages]
4. 10th/12th or CBSE marksheet original [They didn't ask this for me, but asked it for another person I know]
5. Copy of Invoice from University

There isn't any interview. They'll give you a small form to fill and then ask you to go to the counter where you'll have to show these materials one by one. After which they'll take your photo, fingerprint. Bring 200 INR to get the resident permit couriered to you. That's it, was over for me in 10 mins.

And you don't have to worry if you made any mistakes in the online application. I attached the invoice from the university as proof of admission instead of the admission letter from antagning.se and the lady in the counter simply edited my online app with the printout I bought to her.

To those of you yet to apply, I'd suggest doing it online as it's much easier and you do not have to go to an interview which is mandatory if you submit the application offline.

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2012 03:00 PM by darklift.)
05-19-2012 03:00 PM
ochaninja Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ochaninja Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(05-19-2012 03:00 PM)darklift Wrote:  @[vgovind23]
Visited the embassy day before yesterday. No, you do not have to fix an appointment. Just go to the Swedish embassy at 9 AM on any of the mentioned days.

You need
1. Original Bank Statement
2. Original Passport
3. Printout of the admission letter from antagning.se [All 3 pages]
4. 10th/12th or CBSE marksheet original [They didn't ask this for me, but asked it for another person I know]
5. Copy of Invoice from University

There isn't any interview. They'll give you a small form to fill and then ask you to go to the counter where you'll have to show these materials one by one. After which they'll take your photo, fingerprint. Bring 200 INR to get the resident permit couriered to you. That's it, was over for me in 10 mins.

And you don't have to worry if you made any mistakes in the online application. I attached the invoice from the university as proof of admission instead of the admission letter from antagning.se and the lady in the counter simply edited my online app with the printout I bought to her.

To those of you yet to apply, I'd suggest doing it online as it's much easier and you do not have to go to an interview which is mandatory if you submit the application offline.

Thanks darklift for the information. I wasnt sure of the docs to be taken to embassy. If you are out of India, for the time being, you could still apply online and submit the docs uploaded online to the nearest Swedish embassy. I have submitted the application which is easier and will go to embassy next week. You can always mail the embassy in delhi or consulate in Chennai and they do reply.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2012 05:01 PM by ochaninja.)
05-19-2012 05:00 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread